In the event of a weather-related closing, students, faculty and staff will be notified by e-mail and, for those registered, by text messaging and Twitter. Local media will be notified of any closing.
Any students in clinical or community sites or nursing students who take classes at Pleasant Prairie should be alert to any specific guidance from their school or college about their course modality on severe weather days.
To receive the text message, students should enter their cell phone number in the “Personal Information” section of CheckMarq and keep it updated. Instructions are online.
All faculty and staff with university-owned cell phones have been automatically enrolled to receive text alerts. Faculty and staff without university phones can opt in to receiving text alerts from the university by registering their personal phone number in the “Personal Information” section of MyJob.
Remember to take precautions and protect yourself in below zero temperatures. The Marquette University Medical Clinic encourages members of the Marquette community to:
- Wear wind‐resistant clothing if possible and protect yourself by covering your ears, face and hands.
- Wear proper footwear and layered clothing, which can prevent frostbite.
- At the first signs of any redness or pain in any skin area, get out of the cold.
- Watch your steps. Walking on ice can be very dangerous and it can often blend into the pavement.
- Contact the Medical Clinic at (414) 288-7184 if you have questions.