The university launched an updated COVID-19 dashboard on Monday, Jan. 25. The dashboard provides data to the COVID Response Team in order to monitor and make decisions regarding Marquette’s current coronavirus status. It is updated daily, Monday through Friday, at 2 p.m. Additionally, gating criteria and status is updated weekly on Fridays at 2 p.m.
Updates to the dashboard include:
- Clearer delineation between the cases, testing and gate sections of the dashboard.
- Addition of a 14-day average.
- Please note, seven-day and 14-day average lines will not appear until there are enough days included in the date range.
- New sections for the number of cases in the past seven days and past 14 days.
- Users can hover their cursor to see the seven-day or 14-day average and breakdowns by student vs faculty/staff.
- A date range filter – by default it will show the most recent 30 days, but users can filter the date range.
Both fall and spring data are available in the dashboard. Because the testing strategy has changed in spring 2021 to include additional mandatory testing – often called “surveillance testing” – direct comparisons should not be made between fall and spring, as the data sets will be different. The updated dashboard will include data for both symptomatic/close-contact testing and mandatory testing results.
More information on the new mandatory testing is available on Marquette Today. Frequently asked questions about testing can be found on the university’s COVID-19 website.
All students who exhibit symptoms of COVID-19, or students who have been in close contact someone with coronavirus, are urged to contact the Marquette University Medical Clinic at (414) 288-7184 to schedule a free COVID-19 test.
Remember to complete the self-disclosure form if you test positive for COVID-19.