Beyond MU: Lifelong Learning will host a webinar titled “Marquette’s Hispanic-Serving Institution Initiative: Raising All Voices” on Tuesday, Dec. 8, from noon to 1 p.m.
Since its launch in 2016, the Hispanic-Serving Institution (HSI) initiative has moved the needle in Hispanic / Latinx student enrollment. The university is working toward creating a more inclusive, welcoming and supportive environment for all members of the Marquette and Milwaukee communities.
The webinar will be moderated by Dr. Joya Crear, assistant vice president for student affairs.
- Jacqueline Black, associate director for Hispanic initiatives
- Valeria Navarro-Villegas, Arts ’16, office associate for the Center for Community Service
- Abraham Ortiz Tapia, Eng ’17, J.D. candidate at the University of Illinois College of Law and member of the MUAA Hispanic Alumni Association
- Evelia Guerrero, MUSG president, student in the College of Nursing, 2020-21 Pedro Arrupe Award Recipient
- Miles Sigh, student in the College of Business Administration, community impact intern with United Way of Greater Milwaukee and Waukesha County