Counseling Center staff recognize that COVID-19 has had an emotional impact on many students. Counselors are available to offer students support during this time.
Many people are feeling anxious or stressed about the pandemic, and students now also carry the burden of balancing their academics, jobs, being a friend, family member, partner and more.
For those in quarantine and isolation, there are likely added stressors. Mental health providers at the Counseling Center understand the complexities of being a student and can provide an open, safe and confidential environment to help students through a wide range of issues that may interfere with their development, well-being and academic productivity.
At this time, all Counseling Center services remain virtual. Staff are eager to help; call (414) 288-7172 to set up an appointment.
Services available include:
- Telebehavioral health appointments are available to students – via phone or video call. Every new client starts with a phone screening to collaboratively determine a student’s needs and connect the student to the best resources.
- Urgent requests for counselor contact (same day) can be accessed by calling the Counseling Center’s front desk Monday through Friday, between 8 a.m. and 4 p.m.
- After hours mental health emergency support (nights and weekends) can be accessed by calling MUPD at (414) 288-6800 and requesting to speak with the on-call counselor.
- Group workshops are being offered several times a week to address coping strategies and self-care. Students can sign up by talking with their counselor or calling the Counseling Center front desk, (414) 288-7172.
- New workshops are frequently added, visit the Counseling Center’s website for new offerings.
- Virtual small groups for students in quarantine or isolation are available. These groups offer students in quarantine or isolation support from other students and a professional counseling staff member. Interested students should call the Counseling Center.
With questions, call the Counseling Center at (414) 288-7172.