Students who still have belongings in their residence hall rooms should sign up now for a time to retrieve their personal items. The next round of move out will begin on Monday, May 11, and run through, Sunday, May 17.
The university encourages students who are able to come to campus to do so during that period of time. On-campus facilities crews need to begin the process of cleaning and repairing the rooms to ensure health and safety and to ensure the rooms are ready for the fall semester.
For those who are unable to return to campus to move out, the Office of Residence Life is developing another move-out window for June. Details will be communicated when they are available.
Students should check the Campus Living portal in CheckMarq to sign up for a May move out time slot, knowing the dates could change if government orders change.
Important reminders regarding move out:
- Move-out complies with the governor’s current stay-at-home orders; should those orders become stricter and impact the university’s ability to facilitate a move-out, new dates will be identified accordingly.
- Strict social distancing policies will be enforced in the residence halls. Tape will be used to mark off “safe zones.”
- At the recommendation of health care professionals, Marquette asks that everyone wear masks and follow all social distancing markings while in the residence halls
- Students may only bring one helper into the residence hall with them
- Each student is allowed a two-hour window to move out
- Families should bring their own dolly or hand truck (the university is not able to provide them at this point)
- Do not come to campus if you are feeling ill
The health, safety and well-being of students and their families, as well as Marquette Residence Life staff, is the university’s top priority. Thank you for your patience and understanding during this very complex and fluid situation.