The Kohler Center for Entrepreneurship, Social Innovation Initiative and Milwaukee-based Brady Corporation will partner for the seventh annual Brewed Ideas Challenge on Friday, May 1, awarding $21,000 in prizes, during a virtual live pitch competition.
With safer at home orders in place, the Shark Tank-style student pitch competition will be held online, this year internationally. Students will participate in the annual business plan competition from their hometowns, representing five states, as well as Puerto Rico and the countries of Colombia and Peru.
All are welcome; register via Eventbrite. Presentations begin at 1 p.m. while winners will be announced at 4:30 p.m.
Ten finalists will compete in one of two tracks: social venture and traditional business. The finalists are mentored by leaders at Brady Corporation and are participating in virtual workshops led by the 707 Hub leading up to the live pitch event.
The finalists include:
- Best Face Forward Retractable Badge Reel, a badge reel which always turns badge the right way
- STAINED, a sustainable and trendsetting luxury streetwear brand
- The Color of English, an educational curriculum that teaches students how to build great sentences
- NABI, a sneaker consignment store
- Jamr, an app to connect musicians for jam sessions
- JD BNB LLC – Short Term Rentals, providing short term lodging in the Milwaukee area
- Minority Scholars Mentoring Program, a program aiming to improve minority student retention
- JBV Piston, a revolutionary piston design that increases engine efficiency and fuel economy
- 0 Accreditation by Kratos Experiences, focused on up-skilling for the fourth Industrial Revolution
- Parcelyze, an integrated Internet of Things technology solution for parcel mailbox companies
The competition will be judged by executives from Brady Corporation.