Thirty six faculty members have been promoted to professor or associate professor with tenure, effective the fall 2020 semester.
Additionally, nine full-time participating faculty members were promoted to clinical professor, clinical associate professor, clinical assistant professor or associate librarian, and seven faculty members’ emerita/emeritus status was conferred.
Faculty promoted to professor:
- Dr. Adam Fiedler, Chemistry
- Dr. Taly Gilat-Schmidt, Biomedical Engineering
- Dr. Arndt Guentsch, Surgical Sciences
- Dr. Heather Hathaway, English
- Dr. Allison Hyngstrom, Physical Therapy
- Dr. Alexander Ng, Exercise Science
- Dr. Rebecca Nowacek, English
- Dr. Paula Papanek, Exercise Science
- Dr. Rebecca Sanders, Mathematical and Statistical Sciences
- Dr. Jame Schaefer, Theology
- Dr. Geoffrey Thompson, General Dental Sciences
- Dr. Lucas Torres, Psychology
- Dr. Amy Van Hecke, Psychology
Faculty promoted to associate professor with tenure:
- Dr. Cristinel Ababei, Electrical and Computer Engineering
- Dr. Elizabeth Angeli, English
- Dr. Sonia Barnes, Languages, Literatures and Cultures
- Dr. Marko Bastl, Management
- Dr. Noelle Brigden, Political Science
- Dr. Corrine Bloch-Mullins, Philosophy
- Dr. Jeffrey Coleman, Languages, Literatures and Cultures
- Dr. Michael Cover, Theology
- Dr. Boubakary Diakite, Languages, Literatures and Cultures
- Dr. John Engbers, Mathematical and Statistical Sciences
- Dr. Jennifer Finn, History
- Dr. Nathan Gilkerson, Strategic Communication
- Dr. Sarah Hamilton, Mathematical and Statistical Sciences
- Dr. Amanda Keeler, Digital Media and Performing Arts
- Dr. Mehdi Maadooliat, Mathematical and Statistical Sciences
- Dr. Michael McCarthy, Social and Cultural Sciences
- Dr. Enaya Othman, Languages, Literatures and Cultures
- Dr. Lisa Petrella, Biological Sciences
- Dr. Jeanne-Nicole Saint-Laurent, Theology
- Dr. Ericka Tucker, Philosophy
- Dr. Jennifer Vanderheyden, Languages, Literatures and Cultures
Dr. Kimberlee Gretebeck (nursing) and Debra Krajec (digital media and performing arts) were awarded tenure.
Full-time participating faculty members promoted to clinical professor:
- Dr. Albert Abena, Clinical Services
- Dr. Susan Breakwell, Nursing
Full-time participating faculty members promoted to clinical associate professor:
- Dr. Mary Cimrmancic, General Dental Sciences
- Dr. Claire Kirchhoff, Biomedical Sciences
- Dr. Kathleen Lukaszewicz, Physical Therapy
- Dr. Ximena Meza-Baertsch, Clinical Services
Dr. Jennie Peters (nursing) was promoted to clinical assistant professor.
Leatha Miles-Edmonson and Kate Otto were promoted to associate librarian.
Faculty promoted to professor emeritus/emerita:
- Dr. Kevin Gibson, Philosophy
- Dr. Saeed Karshenas, Civil, Construction and Environmental Engineering
- Dr. Christine Krueger, English
- Dr. Donald Neumann, Physical Therapy
- Dr. Karen Slattery, Journalism and Media Studies
- Dr. Chieu Tran, Chemistry
Dr. Belén Castañeda (languages, literatures and cultures) was promoted to associate professor emerita.
The emerita/emeritus ranking takes effect upon retirement.