As a part of its Global Chefs program, Dining Services will welcome Chef Jorge Serrano from Mexico on Monday, Feb. 24. He will take over the Taqueria in Marquette Place starting at 11 a.m.
Chef Jorge Serrano is the executive chef for 35 accounts at the Peñasquito Polymetallic Mine in Mexico, which serves nearly 7,000 people daily. Chef Serrano is responsible for menu design, product innovation, planning and the production processes. He enjoys visiting each location to interact with guests and to learn techniques from each team of chefs.
The cost is $7.99 or one meal swipe.
The menu includes:
- Pollo en mole negro (chicken mole)
- Costilla de res recado negro (beef short ribs in chili sauce)
- Vegetales en escabeche (mixed vegetables with vinegar)
- Arroz blanco con zanahoria (rice with vegetables)
- Esquites (corn and epazote in chili sauce)
- Frijol negro refrito con chorizo (chorizo with black beans)