Provost Kimo Ah Yun has named a search committee to identify the next permanent dean of the Diederich College of Communication. The committee, which comprises faculty, staff, a Jesuit, a student, an alumnus and a trustee, will be chaired by Stephen Hudson-Mairet, associate professor and chair of digital media and performing arts.
In addition to Hudson-Mairet, the committee members include:
- Joel Andryc, alumnus, Sp ’79
- Kati Tusinski Berg, acting associate dean of graduate studies and research
- Sumana Chattopadhyay, associate professor of digital media and performing arts/media studies; chair, University Academic Senate
- Ana Garner, professor and chair of journalism and media studies
- Joseph Kearney, dean of the Law School
- Abby Ng, senior, communication
- John Novotny, assistant dean for development, Law School
- Ron Smith, editor/project director of the Milwaukee Neighborhood News Service
- Tracey Sturgal, instructor of communication studies
- Kevin Thomas, assistant professor of multicultural branding, strategic communication
- James Voiss, S.J., vice president for mission and ministry
- Michelle Wales, director of academic business affairs
- Anne Zizzo, alumnus and trustee emerita, Jour ’87; president/CEO, Zizzo Group
The university has retained the search firm Isaacson, Miller, which has assisted Marquette with numerous academic leadership searches in the past.
The search committee will begin the search by soliciting ideas and input from many sources across campus on the Opportunity and Challenge Profile.
The following listening sessions will be held in Johnston 310:
|Monday, Feb. 3|
|4:15 p.m. – 5:15 p.m.||Faculty (1 of 2)|
|5:30 p.m. – 6:30 p.m.||Students (1 of 2)|
|Tuesday, Feb. 4|
|9:30 a.m. – 10:30 a.m.||Faculty (2 of 2)|
|10:40 a.m. – 11:40 a.m.||Students (2 of 2)|
|1 p.m. – 2 p.m.||Staff (1 of 1)|
Individuals are encouraged to attend the listening session that pertains to them. For those who are unable to attend a listening session, there will be an online input form to submit feedback and questions.