In coordination with the Milwaukee Health Department, the Marquette University Medical Clinic (MUMC) is closely monitoring the recent outbreak of respiratory illness caused by a new Coronavirus (2019nCoV). Additionally, MUMC staff keeps abreast of the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention updates and follows CDC guidelines regarding the new Coronavirus.
There are currently no confirmed or suspected cases at Marquette University or in the City of Milwaukee.
Anyone who develops fever and respiratory symptoms and has traveled internationally in the past 14 days is advised to stay home and call their health care provider.
Individuals who have traveled internationally, but do not have symptoms, pose no risk and should not be excluded from classes or campus activities.
Additional information on the new Coronavirus (2019nCoV), including symptoms and travel warnings, is available on the MUMC website.
Currently, Influenza remains the largest public health concern and risk. To protect yourself from influenza and other viruses, it is advised to:
- Wash your hands often with soap and water.
- Cover nose and mouth when you cough or sneeze.
- Avoid close contact with ill individuals.
- Stay home if you are ill.
- The single best prevention against influenza is the vaccine. Influenza vaccine is still available at the MUMC.