As a member of the Hispanic Serving-Institution (HSI) Network of Wisconsin, Marquette will co-host the “Advancing Equity in our Colleges and Universities Summit” on Friday, Feb. 21, at Alverno College (3400 South 43rd Street).
Hosted by the six member institutions of the HSI Network of Wisconsin, along with the Wisconsin Center for the Advancement of Postsecondary Education (WISCAPE), this one-day summit will provide a forum for students, community members and higher education professionals to interface and collaboratively explore how to create the conditions necessary for all underrepresented students on campuses.
The leadership panel includes:
- Dr. Michael Lovell, president of Marquette University
- Dr. Deborah Ford, chancellor of UW-Parkside
- Dr. Karen Friedlen, vice president of academic affairs at Mount Mary University
- Dr. Andrea Lee, president of Alverno College
- Dr. Vicki Martin, president of MATC
A draft agenda and registration is online. Students can register for free. Direct questions to Jacki Black, associate director for Hispanic initiatives.