The Book Marq is excited to introduce the new Barnes and Noble College Adoption and Insights Portal, a new source for researching and adopting course materials for faculty and academic administrators.
Going forward, this will be the tool used for all course material adoptions submitted to the Book Marq. Timely material adoption directly affects student costs, and Marquette and BNC are excited about levering this technology to provide students with access to low cost materials.
With the new portal, faculty can:
- Save time by reviewing their curated, personalized course list — they will not have to search or add their own courses
- Re-adopt course materials used in a previous term in one click
- Review estimated student pricing and available formats
- Discover affordable alternatives to traditional course materials, such as Open Educational Resources
- Learn about student saving and accessibility initiatives such as the bookstore’s “Price Match Guarantee”
Faculty can access the portal and training materials via the internal Book Marq link, using their Marquette credentials to log in.
The portal is being introduced this month, with the goal of reaching a 100 percent submission rate by the Nov. 30 adoption deadline for spring semester.
Pete Fronk, Book Marq manager, is available for onsite training and consultation.