Cybersecurity training is available for all employees. The training covers browsing safely, enhancing mobile security, creating strong passwords and recognizing social engineering.
ITS also offers free Symantec software downloads to protect your computer from viruses and malicious spyware, as well as VPN downloads to use off campus to ensure a secure connection and access campus-restricted resources, such as MyJob. You can use OneDrive for Business to automatically back up your data to prevent loss. Also, share files via OneDrive for Business instead of using USB flash drives.
ITS reminds the Marquette community of the following internet safety practices:
- Set social media accounts to private.
- Remember to update your privacy settings.
- If you save personal data on certain device applications, remember to protect your data.
- Create strong and unique passwords.
- Turn on multi-factor authentication.
- Shop safely online.
- Avoid interacting with strangers online.
- Update to the latest security software, web browser and operating systems.
- Stay protected while connected by using safe WiFi connections.
- Keep customer data and information safe.
With questions, contact the IT Services Help Desk.