The university offers several programs to support the personal and professional development of its faculty and staff.
The Employee Assistance Program
Led by Aurora, the Employee Assistance Program provides work-life services, short-tern counseling, referrals and resource identification. Services provided are kept confidential.
EAP is a benefit for all Marquette employees, spouses and dependent children.
Work/life services include:
- Childcare search
- Adoption assistance
- Eldercare assessment
Discounted services include:
- Financial consultation
- Legal consultation
- Mediation information
- Discounted rates on attorneys professional mediators
EAP also offers in-person or telephone sessions with counselors. Employees can discuss concerns such as stress, relationship/family concerns, drug or alcohol issues.
The Office of Faculty Affairs
Overseen by Dr. Gary Meyer, senior vice provost for faculty affairs, the Office of Faculty Affairs seeks to help faculty members across all disciplines succeed.
OFA is committed to providing innovative resources and meaningful guidance to help faculty members reach their full potential as teachers, scholars and university leaders.
OFA activities and resources:
- New Faculty Orientation
- First Year Faculty Experience
- FELOS – Faculty Leadership Development Program
- Marquette Immersive Leadership Experience
- Faculty Mentoring Program
- Chairperson Mentoring Program
- Academic Administrator Professional Development
- Faculty Success Program
- Pero Arrupe S.J. Faculty Colleague Award
- Provost Fellows Program
- University Accreditation Liaison Officer to the Higher Learning Commission
- University Committee on Faculty Promotions and Tenure
- University Program Compliance Committee
- University Accessibility Committee
- VPAT Exceptions Committee
- Faculty Activities Database Advisory Committee
- Participating Faculty Task Force
In addition to the Employee Assistance Program and the Office of Faculty Affairs, faculty and staff are encouraged to utilize the following departments and resources on campus