Dear Marquette community,
I hope that the conclusion of the academic year and commencement went well for all of you, and that summer is off to a good start. I am writing to provide a brief update on the provost search.
Thank you to everyone who participated in the listening sessions hosted by the search committee this spring and to those who submitted feedback in writing. Your insights were tremendously helpful in the development of the Opportunity and Challenge Profile, which provides an overview of Marquette and outlines in detail the key opportunities and challenges that the provost will face. On behalf of the search committee, we are pleased to share the Opportunity and Challenge Profile with you.
Isaacson, Miller, the executive search firm assisting Marquette, has begun the process of seeking out a pool of candidates. I am asking for your help. Please share the Opportunity and Challenge Profile throughout your own professional networks, and share any nominations you may have via the website. Initial screening of candidates by the search committee will begin in late summer, so please consider nominating candidates. You can see more details on the process section of the provost search website. Thank you in advance for your help in this important search.
If you have any questions throughout this process, please don’t hesitate to email me at firstname.lastname@example.org. The provost search committee is committed to a fair, transparent process that is broadly consultative and which is clearly communicated to you.
I hope you have a great summer.
Lisa M. Edwards
Professor of Counselor Education and Counseling Psychology and Chair of the Provost Search Committee
Provost search committee:
- Lisa M. Edwards (search committee chair)
- Monica Adya, chair and professor of management
- Jacki Black, associate director of Hispanic initiatives, Office of the Provost
- John Borg, chair and professor of mechanical engineering
- Sumana Chattopadhyay, associate professor of digital media and performing arts and chair of Academic Senate
- Steve Frieder, senior advisor to the president and corporate secretary
- Janine Geske, member of the Board of Trustees, retired professor of law and retired justice of the Wisconsin State Supreme Court
- Nakia Gordon, associate professor of psychology
- Cara Hardin, deputy title IX coordinator
- Allie Hyngstrom, chair and associate professor of physical therapy
- Danielle Josetti, executive associate athletics director
- Janet Wessel Krejci, dean of the College of Nursing
- Gary Krenz, professor of mathematics, statistics and computer science
- Sara Manjee, undergraduate student and president of MUSG
- Joe Mueller, S.J., associate professor of theology and rector of the Marquette Jesuit Community