Acting Provost Kimo Ah Yun has named a search committee to identify the next permanent dean for the Klingler College of Arts and Sciences. The committee, which comprises faculty, staff, students and trustees, will be chaired by Dr. Rosemary Stuart, professor of biological sciences.
In addition to Stuart, the committee members include:
- Lowell Barrington, associate professor and chair of political science
- Anne Clough, professor of mathematics, statistics and computer science
- Kathy Coffey-Guenther, senior mission and Ignatian leadership specialist, university advancement
- Sofia Driscoll, Arts ’21, theology and psychology major
- Bill Henk, dean, College of Education
- Kelly McShane, Arts ’68, retired school psychologist and university trustee
- Mary Minson, senior assistant dean of advising, Klingler College of Arts and Sciences
- Grant Silva, associate professor of philosophy
- Theresa Tobin, associate dean for academic affairs and student development, Graduate School, and associate professor of philosophy
- Joe True, assistant vice president, college advancement and athletics, university advancement
- Darren Wheelock, associate professor of social and cultural sciences
- Amelia Zurcher, director, University Honors Program and associate professor of English
The university has retained the search firm Isaacson, Miller, which has assisted Marquette with numerous academic leadership searches in the past.
The search committee will begin the search by soliciting ideas and input from many sources across campus on the Opportunity and Challenge Profile.
The timing of the search for a permanent provost and new deans of arts and sciences and business administration is being carefully orchestrated to allow the next provost to have significant input into the selection of the deans. More information on specific timing of each search will be shared when available.
The following listening sessions will be held April 16, 17 and 23. Individuals are encouraged to attend the listening session that pertains to them. For those who are unable to attend a listening session, there is an online input form to submit feedback and questions.
Tuesday, April 16 — AMU 313
5 p.m. — Students
Wednesday, April 17 — Sensenbrenner Hall, Eisenberg Reading Room
10 a.m. — Faculty (1 of 2)
Wednesday, April 17 — Zilber 025
Noon – Staff in the Klingler College of Arts and Sciences
Tuesday, April 23 — AMU 227
12:30 p.m. — Faculty (2 of 2)
Watch Marquette Today for updates related to the search for the next dean of arts and sciences.