President Michael R. Lovell today named a search committee to identify the next permanent provost. The committee, which comprises faculty, staff, students and trustees, will be chaired by Dr. Lisa Edwards, professor of counselor education and counseling psychology.
In addition to Edwards, the committee members include:
- Monica Adya, chair and professor of management
- Jacki Black, associate director of Hispanic initiatives, Office of Institutional Diversity and Inclusion
- John Borg, chair and professor of mechanical engineering
- Sumana Chattopadhyay, associate professor of digital media and performing arts and member of the executive committee of the University Academic Senate
- Steve Frieder, senior advisor to the president and corporate secretary
- Janine Geske, university trustee; retired professor of law and retired justice of the Wisconsin State Supreme Court
- Nakia Gordon, associate professor of psychology
- Cara Hardin, deputy Title IX coordinator
- Allie Hyngstrom, chair and associate professor of physical therapy
- Danielle Josetti, executive associate athletics director
- Janet Wessel Krejci, dean, College of Nursing
- Gary Krenz, professor of mathematics, statistics and computer science
- Sara Manjee, undergraduate student and vice president for outreach, Marquette University Student Government
- Joe Mueller, S.J., associate professor of theology and rector of the Marquette Jesuit Community
The university has retained the search firm Isaacson, Miller, which has assisted Marquette with numerous academic leadership searches in the past.
The search committee and the Office of the President will begin the search by soliciting ideas and input from many sources across campus, including University Academic Senate, on the Opportunity and Challenge Profile.
The following listening sessions will be held April 2 and April 8. Faculty and staff are encouraged to attend the listening session that pertains to them. For those who are unable to attend a listening session, there is an online input form to submit feedback and questions.
Tuesday, April 2 — all sessions held in AMU 157
- 10 a.m. — Division of Student Affairs
- 11 a.m. — Faculty (1 of 2)
- Noon — Staff in the academic division
Monday, April 8 — all sessions held in Zilber 025
- 4 p.m. — Faculty (2 of 2)
Watch Marquette Today for updates related to the search for the next provost.