Location: 1413 W. Kilbourn Avenue at approximately 12:20am
The MU student victim was approached by three unknown subjects while walking on the city sidewalk. Two subjects pushed and struck him while demanding his property, and the victim turned over his wallet and cell phone. The unknown subjects then fled the area in a vehicle, northbound on N. 14th Street and westbound on W. State Street, out of the area. No weapon was used or implied. The victim was not injured as a result of the incident.
Light gray or silver in color 4 door SUV or minivan (driver description unknown)
Black male, approximately 5’10”, slim build
Approximately 25 years old
Black tee shirt and black pants
Black male, unknown height, slim build
Dark hooded sweatshirt, jeans, white shoes
Unknown race male, unknown height, unknown build
Dark hooded sweatshirt and tri color sweat pants (grey, white, black)
All Marquette students, faculty, staff, guests and visitors are reminded to:
- Always travel in pairs or groups, being aware of your surroundings at all times. Make sure someone knows when you leave and when to expect you back.
- When on campus, use the LIMO and safety patrol services provided by MUPD. Call (414) 288-6363 for Student Safety Patrol escorts.
- During evening hours watch for the LIMO with strobe lights patrolling the perimeters of campus; the driver may ask if you want a ride or want to request a walking escort.
- The use of alcohol by students under age 21 is against the law and against university policy.
- If you do plan to drink, be responsible, and do so in moderation.
- When using a ride sharing service or taxi for transportation, please take steps to ensure your safety:
- Make sure to match your driver’s name, car and license plate with the information provided through the app on your phone.
- Avoid anyone who offers a ride when it is not clear that they are directly affiliated with an established taxi or ride sharing service.
- If you observe any suspicious behavior or fear for your safety at any time, contact MUPD at (414) 288-1911 or through one of the more than 450 blue light phones on and near campus.
- Enter MUPD’s number in your phone so you have it handy at all times.
- Travel on well-lit, busy streets and avoid walking through alleys and parking lots.
- Be aware of places along your path of travel that could conceal a criminal (shrubbery, building recesses, etc.). Avoid or keep a distance from these areas whenever possible.
- Take note of suspicious vehicles, especially those that appear to be circling the block or driving unusually slow. If you observe a suspicious vehicle, relay its description and location to MUPD using one of the more than 450 blue light phones on and near campus.
- If you think someone is following you, cross the street, head for a well-populated, well-lit area and contact MUPD using one of the more than 450 blue light phones on and near campus.
- Do not become distracted by talking on your cell phone or listening to music through headphones at a high volume.
- If approached, give up your property.