Marquette will sponsor the film “Capturing the Flag,” which will run at the Oriental Theatre the weekend of Friday, Oct. 26, during the Milwaukee Film Festival.
“Capturing the Flag” follows a tight-knit group of friends as they travel to Cumberland County, North Carolina to investigate how voter suppression played a role in the 2016 election.
Student tickets are available as part of the Marquette Forum events. Marquette Forum is a year-long series of inclusive conversations bringing experts of national renown together with those from Marquette and the Milwaukee community. Tickets for the film are made possible through a sponsorship by the Office of the President. More information about the 2018 Milwaukee Film Festival is available online.
For questions or special needs, contact University Special Events.
- Tickets are available on a first come, first served basis.
- To pick up a ticket, please visit the CLSI in AMU 137.
- One ticket per MUID or adult. Tickets are available to the campus community and general public.
- Monday – Thursday: 10 a.m. to 10 p.m.
- Friday: 10 a.m. to 4 p.m.
- Saturday: Closed
- Sunday: 2 p.m. to 10 p.m.
Film screening location and times
- Friday, Oct. 26, at 9:30 p.m. at the Oriental Theatre, 2230 N. Farwell Ave., Milwaukee
- Saturday, Oct. 27, at 1 p.m. at the Avalon Theatre, 2473 S. Kinnickinnic Ave., Milwaukee
- Wednesday, Oct. 31, at 12:30 p.m. at the Oriental Theatre, 2230 N. Farwell Ave., Milwaukee
Milwaukee Film Festival suggests that attendees plan to arrive 30 minutes prior to showtime to guarantee a seat. All ticket holders must arrive no later than 15 minutes prior to the scheduled showtime to guarantee a seat. Beginning 15 minutes before the show, any empty seats will be sold to other patrons.