Discovery Benefits will be Marquette’s new administrator for Flexible Spending Accounts, Health Savings Accounts and COBRA coverage, starting Tuesday, Jan. 1, 2019.
The transition will work as follows:
- Flexible Spending Accounts: 2018 account balances will be administered by EBC through the 2018 grace period ending Friday, March 15. During the grace period, you can submit claims to EBC either online or by filling out a physical claim form and mailing or faxing the form to EBC. 2019 FSA accounts will be administered by Discovery Benefits. If enrolling in a Health Care FSA or Dependent Care FSA for 2019, you will receive a welcome packet and account activation information from Discovery Benefits regarding your 2019 FSA benefits.
- Health Savings Accounts: EBC and Avidia Bank will no longer administer Marquette’s HSA benefits as of Tuesday, Jan. 1, 2019. You have the opportunity to roll your HSA dollars from Avidia to Discovery Benefits’ banking partner, Healthcare Bank, or you can keep your account with Avidia. Please note that if you maintain your current HSA account with Avidia, you will be subject to account holder fees assessed by Avidia. Both the Marquette and individual contributions taken from your payroll checks will go to a new HSA account administered by Discovery Benefits. You will receive account information and a welcome packet from Discovery Benefits on how to use your HSA benefit in 2019.
New debit cards will be sent at the end of 2018. Please begin using your new Discovery Benefits debit card on Tuesday, Jan. 1, 2019. The current EBC debit cards will no longer be active after Jan. 1.
To obtain account information (balance, claims status, printable forms, etc.), log into the Discovery Benefits website. Once enrollments have been received by Discovery Benefits, provide an email address to receive a welcome email with instructions on how to access your online account.
File claims via:
- Debit card (if applicable)
- Online through Discovery Benefits’ website
- Mobile application for Android and Apple users
- Fax/mail paper reimbursement form and copies of receipts
General information regarding Discovery Benefits can be found online. Look for additional information regarding this transition in the annual enrollment packet.