A search committee has been named to identify the next chief information officer, Executive Vice President Dave Lawlor announced today. The new CIO will replace Kathy Lang who left the university in July. The committee will be chaired by Iqbal Ahamed, chair of the Department of Computer Science.
The search committee comprises the following individuals:
- Dennis Brylow, associate professor of math, statistics and computer science
- Kurt Gering, adjunct instructor of management
- Michelle Mauck, graduate student
- Lynn Mellantine, assistant vice president for human resources
- Sara Pforr, director of administrative services in the Office of Marketing and Communication; Staff Senate representative
- Alix Riley, director of the Office of Institutional Research and Assessment
- Mary Simmons, senior director of information technology services
- Lora Strigens, vice president for planning and strategy
- Janice Welburn, dean of libraries; Academic Senate representative
- Tom Wirtz, director of dental informatics; Committee on Academic Technology representative
Jean Dole, chief of staff to Lawlor, will staff the committee.
Listening sessions are being scheduled — please watch Marquette Today for updates.