The Employee Wellness Program offers a variety of monthly wellness courses for faculty and staff.
Events for September include:
- Meditation and group fitness classes will take place during various times and dates throughout the year. Registration is still available. More information can be found online.
- Max Buzz discounts will be available Sunday, Sept. 1, to Sunday, Sept. 30. The Max Buzz will be $19.99 ($15.99 plus $4.00 shipping) for Virgin Pulse members. Log in to your account and go to the Virgin Pulse store located under your profile picture.
- September’s Promoted Healthy Habit Challenge will be active from Monday, Sept. 10, to Sunday, Sept. 16, through Virgin Pulse. The theme is “Stairs: Did you take the stairs today?”
- “Stuff the Truck” food drive will take place during Homecoming Week (October 1–8), on Tuesday, Oct. 2, from 11 a.m. to 2 p.m. in Westowne Square. The event is hosted by Hunger Task Force, Marquette Dining Services and Sodexo. Campus champions are needed to help spread the word and to encourage participation in their area. Champions can set a collection bin in their office leading up to the event, encourage colleagues to donate nonperishable food items and bring their teammates to the Stuff the Truck event. The goal is to collect 4,500 pounds of nonperishable food items to benefit Hunger Task Force. For more information, contact Lisa Bartoszewicz by Friday, Sept. 7, at (414) 288-4511.
- Glow Blue and Gold 5K Run/Walk will take place on Friday, October 5. Volunteers are needed to help light up the lakefront at the Glow Blue and Gold 5K Run/Walk during Homecoming Week. Explore one of Milwaukee’s most iconic sites as the Marquette nation takes to Veterans Park for a 5K night run and walk, including a family fun 1K option. Festivities will begin at 6:30 p.m. with the 5K kicking off at 7 p.m. Proceeds from this event will support Marquette’s Midnight Run, a volunteer service program focused on the particular needs of the hungry and homeless people living in the community around Marquette. Volunteers will assist with registration, event set-up/take-down and serve as course marshals along the route. Please email or call Hannah Barr at (414) 288-3894 for more information.
- The Milwaukee Lakefront Marathon will take place on Sunday, Oct. 7. Water stop volunteers are needed. Volunteer registration is available online.
More information on Employee Wellness can be found online.