The Employee Wellness Program offers a variety of monthly wellness courses for faculty and staff.
Events for May include:
- Summer Fitness Classes have begun and will run through Friday, Aug. 17. Registration can be completed online and a full schedule of classes is available here.
- Poker Walk for National Employee Health and Fitness Day will take place Wednesday, May 16, from 11:30 a.m. to 1:30 p.m. in the Central Mall. The event will have games, refreshments, and music while participants take part in the walk/run around the Marquette Mile. Registration can be completed online and more information on the event is available here.
- Faculty/Staff Golf Outing will take place Thursday, June 7. Entry form and payment are needed by Thursday, May 24. More information can be found online.
- Wellness Book Club, a group that gets together to discuss books related to health and well-being, will meet on the second Tuesday of the month beginning Tuesday, June 12, from 11:30 a.m. to 12:30 p.m. in the Marquette Wellness Center. Members will choose the books each month and lead the discussion. Once the group is formed more information will be sent out. Registration can be completed online.
- Summer Meditation Classes begin Tuesday, June 19. Classes will be held every Tuesday from 12:05 p.m. to 12:50 p.m. in AMU 233. Registration can be completed online.
- Tails on the Trails Dog Walk/Run will take place Saturday, June 23, at 10 a.m. at Veterans Park on Milwaukee’s lakefront. Register online to join Officer Natie and the MU Police Department as they support the Wisconsin Humane Society’s event. More information is available on their website.
- Office Olympics will be offered this summer to help participants take a break for some laughter and fun. These games will start in June and no athletic skill is required. Teams can be made up of anyone working at Marquette (exact number of people needed is still TBD). Bring your coworkers together for some team building or make your own team with a group or other colleagues on campus. Stay tuned for more information.
Keep up on the latest by visiting the Employee Wellness Facebook page and following them on Twitter.
For more information and to register email Kristin Kipp, director of employee wellness at (414) 288-5607.