Reconstruction work on West Wisconsin Avenue between North 20th to North 38th streets began on Monday, April 30.
WHAT TO EXPECT DURING CONSTRUCTION:
Traffic: Traffic on Wisconsin Avenue will be moved to one side of the street to provide a single lane of traffic moving in each direction. Motorists will not be allowed to turn onto, or from, Wisconsin Avenue through the work zone.
- Stage 1: The south side of Wisconsin Avenue from North 20th to North 38th streets will be closed for construction. Motorists will travel on the north side of the street.
– Motorists will not be able to access Wisconsin Avenue from Bluemound Road.
- Stage 2: The north side of Wisconsin Avenue from North 20th to North 38th streets will be closed for construction. Motorists will travel on the south side of the street.
North 27th Street and North 35th Street will remain open to traffic with one through lane of traffic in each direction. Large trucks will not be allowed to make turns onto, or from, Wisconsin Avenue.
North 32nd and North 34th streets will temporarily allow two-way traffic between Wells Street and Wisconsin Avenue.
Bus Routes: #30, 30x and Gold Line will remain in operation
– Eastbound stop at 31st St. will no longer be in service. Passengers can board at the 32nd St. stop in both directions.
– Eastbound stop at 21st St. will not be in service. Westbound stop at 21st St. will be maintained.
– Bus stop at 24th St. will not be in service in both directions during construction.