Philanthropy week is Monday, April 16, to Saturday, April 21, and Marquette will host several events for students to celebrate and learn about how much of the Marquette experience is made possible through donor support. #WeLoveMU
The schedule of events is as follows:
- Spread the Love is Monday, April 16. There will be a t-shirt exchange on the second floor of the AMU from noon to 4 p.m. or until t-shirts last. Participants can donate a gently used t-shirt from another university and receive a brand new, free Marquette t-shirt.
- Capture the Love is Tuesday, April 17. Tell us what you love about Marquette using #WeLoveMU to win a gift card to the Spirit Shop. Also, tune in to Father Marquette’s Snapchat story to learn more about philanthropy.
- Know What You Love is Wednesday, April 18. Treats and trivia will take place on the second floor of the AMU. Did you know tuition does not cover all expenses that make the MU experience so special?Learn more about donor support at Marquette with trivia and a special cookie.
- Celebrate the Love is Thursday April, 19. Join your friends and campus leaders in Westowne Square from 3 p.m. to 5 p.m. to celebrate the love we and so many others have for Marquette. Enjoy music, yard games, and free food for the first 200 students.
- Serve the Ones We Love is Saturday, April 21. Hunger Clean-up will take place where participants can serve the community at dozens of locations throughout Milwaukee and participate in Marquette’s largest service tradition with more than 1,200 peers. In addition, Dance Marathon Marquette will be held. It is a 12-hour long movement that raises money for the Children’s Hospital of Wisconsin, in order to fight pediatric illness and support the kids.
Lastly, all week students will be able to write thank you messages to donors on signs across campus and visit the Gratitude Garden in the Central Mall to learn how donor support has impacted them.