Leadership team will move strategic plan implementation forward
This week, President Michael R. Lovell and the Beyond Boundaries Steering Committee named a leadership team to advance the implementation of the six themes outlined in Marquette’s strategic plan, Beyond Boundaries. These individuals are charged with developing and leading operations teams that will execute on the objectives and tactics set forth by the strategic plan goal stewards during the Beyond Boundaries planning stages.
The leaders and their respective themes follow:
- Academic Excellence — Provost Dan Myers
- Research in Action — Dr. Jeanne Hossenlopp, vice president for research and innovation
- Social Responsibility through Community Engagement — Dr. Dan Bergen, executive director for community engagement
- Formation of Hearts and Minds — Dr. Xavier Cole, vice president for student affairs
- Culture of Inclusion — Dr. William Welburn, executive director for institutional diversity and inclusion
- Sustainability of Valuable Resources — Joel Pogodzinski, chief financial officer
“The university has well-formed, thoughtful and ambitious plans, and our vision to be the most innovative and accomplished Catholic, Jesuit university in the world depends on us executing these plans at the highest level,” President Lovell said. “I have tremendous confidence in this team of theme leaders to help move Marquette University forward in transformational ways.”
President Lovell also expressed his appreciation for the work of the goal stewards. “The goal stewards’ service to the university has been invaluable,” he said. “I thank them for their diligence and commitment to the mission of our great university.”
Watch Marquette Today for future Beyond Boundaries updates.