In preparation for initial construction work to begin for the Athletic Performance Research Center, the university on Sunday, Feb. 11, will close Lot F (located on 12th Street north of Zilber Hall, across from the Al McGuire Center). Starting Monday, Feb. 12, university staff and faculty who park in that lot will begin parking in Structure 2 (Wells Street Structure). Parking Services has ensured that there is ample available parking in the structure during normal business days to accommodate this change; however, employees should plan extra commute time to account for increased vehicle volume.
Individuals with Lot F parking permits will soon receive new parking permits in the form of a hangtag, which grants access to Structure 2 only. That permit is active upon receipt; individuals can begin parking in Structure 2 location at any time.
New Structure 2 parkers should be aware that the structure has one entry and one exit lane on both the Wells Street and Kilbourn Avenue sides of the facility. On weekdays from 7–10 a.m., the exit lane on the Wells Street side serves as an entrance lane—those who need to exit the structure during those hours must exit on the Kilbourn Avenue side.
Special parking information for Church of the Gesu parishioners
Members of the Marquette community who attend the Church of the Gesu may park in Lot F for Sunday Mass only through Sunday, Feb. 18. The following weekend and thereafter, Gesu parishioners may park in any of the following locations:
- Lot G, located on 12th Street, immediately behind Zilber Hall south of Lot F, nearer the church
- Structure 2 (Wells Street Structure) — 100 first-floor spaces will be reserved for parishioners on Sundays
- Lot J, located off 11th Street, behind Gesu
- Eckstein Hall (Law School) parking structure — 30 spaces will be reserved in this underground structure on Sundays
- Street parking is also available on 12th Street and Wisconsin Avenue
Please contact Parking Services at (414) 288-6911 with questions.