The Employee Wellness Program offers a variety of monthly wellness courses for faculty and staff.
Events for February include:
- Sixth Annual Go Move Challenge registration is available online. Every minute of movement counts as faculty and staff compete to determine which Jesuit university is the most active. This year, 23 Jesuit Universities are competing to see who can get the most movement during the month of February. An activity calendar highlighting free events happening at Marquette during this challenge to help you move more is available online. The first 250 people to register will receive an MU Go Move sweat towel. There is no limit to the number of minutes you can accumulate. The university with the highest total number of minutes wins. The challenge begins today, Thursday, Feb. 1.
- Mindfulness Meditation registration is available online. Classes are free and will be offered on Mondays and Wednesdays from 12:05 p.m. to 12:50 p.m. The 8-week session will run from Monday, Jan. 29 to Monday, April 2.
- Employee Appreciation Day is Tuesday, Feb. 6. Sodexo is extending an invitation to all Marquette employees for a free lunch. All faculty and staff are invited to lunch at any one of the residential dining locations. The lunch period is from 11 a.m. to 5 p.m. The available dining locations include: McCormick Hall, Schroeder Hall, Cobeen Hall, Straz Tower, and Mashuda Hall. Menus are available online.
- GROW – Wellness Center Tour and Yoga Class registration is available online. Join us for a quick tour of the new Wellness Center and stay for a 30 minute yoga class on Wednesday, Feb. 7, from noon to 1 p.m.
- GROW – Yoga and Breathwork For the Work Day registration is available online. Join us on Monday, Feb. 12, from noon to 1 p.m. in the new Marquette Wellness Center for a class focused on stress management, relaxation, and releasing body tension through simple yoga moves.
- GROW – Understanding Pain registration is available online. Learn about chronic pain and how to manage it more effectively. This class is taught by the Marquette Physical Therapy clinic providers on Wednesday, Feb. 28, from noon to 1 p.m. in Raynor Memorial Libraries Beaumier Suite C.
For more information and to register email Kristin Kipp, director of employee wellness at (414) 288-5607.