Nominations are being accepted for the Marquette University Excellence in Diversity and Inclusion awards. There are two awards: one for faculty and one for staff. Each year, the Office of the Provost and the Office of the President will recognize one faculty member and one staff member who demonstrate exemplary leadership and manifest the ideals of diversity, equity and inclusion into practical action. Members of the Marquette community are encouraged to nominate one or more candidates for each award.
Recipients may demonstrate this commitment across a range of possibilities:
- Student-centered inclusion initiatives
- Efforts to support recruitment and retention of diverse faculty and/or students
- Teaching and/or research that expands and embraces our understanding of inclusiveness
- Multicultural programming or related initiatives
- Community outreach activities
The Excellence in Diversity and Inclusion Faculty Award will be presented each year at the Père Marquette Dinner. The Excellence in Diversity and Inclusion Staff Award will be presented each year at the Excellence in University Service Awards luncheon.
Eligibility for faculty nominees:
- Candidates must be regular or participating faculty members with a minimum of five years of consecutive Marquette service.
- Self-nominations or nominations by members of the Faculty Committee on Diversity and Equity will not be considered.
Eligibility for staff nominees:
- Candidates must be a regular full-time staff member with a minimum of five years of consecutive Marquette service.
- Self-nominations will not be considered.
- If a member of the University Staff Senate is nominated, he or she will remove himself or herself from the selection process.
Detailed information about nomination criteria for the Excellence in Diversity and Inclusion Staff Award is available online. Nominations for staff can be submitted here.
The deadline for nominations is Friday, Dec. 1. Nominate only one candidate on each form you submit.