The Employee Wellness Program offers a variety of monthly wellness courses for faculty and staff.
Events for October include:
- The Marquette Wellness Center is now open. Faculty and staff interested in using the center should complete the liability waiver online. Access and more information on how to use this space can be found on the Marquette Wellness website.
- Marquette wellness ambassadors are needed to help create a work environment that supports healthy lifestyles for all. The center is expanding and forming a volunteer wellness ambassador network. An ambassador will work to encourage healthy lifestyle choices at work, identify environmental supports to influence and enhance co-workers’ healthy lifestyles, create peer support networks and develop department specific challenges, if desired. The ambassador team is looking for individuals who are enthusiastic and passionate about wellness, that will lead by example, be the healthy difference, and provide support within their department. More information is available online.
- Marquette Wellness has launched a new interactive and personalized wellness portal where you can take your health assessment, enroll in health coaching and participate in activities that will engage and encourage a healthier lifestyle. You can access the portal online after following the log in instructions and registering as a first-time user.
- The Eat.Grow/Stuff the Truck/Farmers Market event will take place on Tuesday, Oct. 3. Groundwork Milwaukee will be at the mini garden proving classes so people can learn about sustainable urban gardening. Topics will include seed harvesting, cold crops, companion planning, composting, and winterization. The 20-minute classes will take place at 11 a.m., noon, and 1 p.m. Kid-friendly gardening education will also take place on Saturday, Oct. 7, during the Homecoming Block Party, e.g. milk carton seedlings, playing with worms, etc.
- Employee Appreciation Day will take place Thursday, Oct. 5, to show faculty and staff appreciation for all that they do. Sodexo is extending an invitation to Marquette employees to attend a free lunch at any one of the residential dining locations. The lunch period is from 11 a.m. to 5 p.m. and the available dining locations are McCormick Hall, Schroeder Hall, Cobeen Hall, Straz Tower, and Mashuda Hall. Menus for each of the dining locations can be found on the Dining Services website.
- Marquette University’s Blue and Gold Foam 5K Run/Walk and Family Fun 1K will take place on Saturday, Oct. 7. Explore Milwaukee’s oldest park, the Mitchell Park Domes, and get ready to run/walk through blue and gold foam that covers you from head to toe. All ages are welcome to participate at the 1K Run/Walk which will start at 10:30 a.m. and the 5K Run/Walk which will begin at 11 a.m. at the Mitchell Park Domes. Shuttles will be provided to and from Marquette’s campus. Registration can be completed online or at the Reunion + Homecoming table located on the 2nd floor of the AMU on Thursday, Oct. 5, from 2 p.m. to 5 p.m. or on Friday, Oct. 6, from 11 a.m. to 6 p.m. Registration will also be available on race day at the Mitchell Park Domes and includes a race T-shirt and packet. Children 11 years and younger are free!
- GROW Classes: Flu Season and Your Immune System will take place on Thursday, Oct. 12, from noon to 1 p.m. in Raynor Memorial Libraries’ Beaumier Suite BC, and Pelvic and Core Health after Pregnancy will take place on Tuesday, Oct. 17, from noon to 1 p.m. in the Marquette Wellness Center, lower level of Coughlin Hall. Registration and more information can be found online.
- Marcus Center for the Performing Arts Discounts Did you know that you can save on tickets to events at the Marcus Center for the Performing Arts, including early access to Broadway shows? Visit: marcuscenter.org/MCAccess to create your account. Enter the group code, “Marquette.”
- Massage A Thon will take place Monday, Oct. 30, and ending Monday, Nov. 20, in Schroeder Complex 397. Come treat yourself with a relaxing massage from one of Marquette’s 6th year physical therapy! Reservations can be made via email or by going online.
For more information and to register email Kristin Kipp, director of employee wellness at (414) 288-5607.