The Employee Wellness Program offers a variety of monthly wellness courses for faculty and staff.
Events for September include:
- Fall fitness classes started Monday, Aug. 28. You can still sign up. Email Kristin Kipp if you are interested. Meditation classes begin next week and registration can be completed online.
- Marquette Wellness is launching a new interactive and personalized wellness portal on Sunday, Oct. 1, where you can take your health assessment, find information on wellness events, access resources to help you live a healthier lifestyle, and even enroll in health coaching. Stay tuned for more information.
- September GROW classes have been added for all Marquette faculty and staff members. Classes are free and designed for personal and professional growth.
- Underlying causes of sinus and allergy issues complimentary 10-minute screenings will take place Tuesday, Sept. 19, from 1 p.m. to 3 p.m. in the AMU Henke Lounge. Do you experience nasal congestion or facial pain/pressure? Or headaches, difficulty sleeping, decreased sense of taste? Join Dr. Ethan Handler of Advanced Ear, Nose & Throat Specialists to discuss the underlying causes of sinus or allergy issues and the minimal-invasive options available to you to restore your quality of life. Complimentary onsite 10-minute sinus wellness screening appointments are available immediately following the Lunch & Learn Session in AMU 228 with one of ADVENT’s ENT-Trained Physician Assistants. Contact Kristin Kipp to RSVP for screenings. First appointment will be at 1 p.m. and the last appointment will be at 2:50 p.m.
- Pelvic health before and during pregnancy will take place Tuesday, Sept. 26, from noon to 1 p.m. in Raynor Memorial Libraries’ Beaumier Suite BC. Come join Marquette’s pelvic health physical therapists to learn about common problems that women face before and during pregnancy and learn what treatment is available. If you are thinking about having a baby even if it is not your first, this talk will have helpful advice for your pregnancy. We will discuss pain, diet, birthing tips, and exercise as well as other commons problems that you may encounter to help you prepare.