The Employee Wellness Program offers a variety of monthly wellness courses for faculty and staff.
Events for May include:
- Summer Fitness classes started on Monday, May 1. There is still time to sign-up. Register online.
- National Bike Challenge Town Gown Showdown. This annual challenge began on Monday, May 1, and goes until Sept. 30. Join Marquette’s team in this fierce, but friendly, bike challenge against other Milwaukee area local governments (the ‘Towns’) and higher education and healthcare institutions (the ‘Gowns’). Go online for detailed information about the challenge and how to sign up.
- Annual Poker Walk/Run is Wednesday, May 17, which will take place on National Employee Health and Fitness Day. The annual Poker Walk/Run is from noon to 1 p.m. This year we will gather outside in the Central Mall and begin the walk/run on the west side of the library near the bridge on Wisconsin. We are giving away tons of prizes as usual for our top poker hands. Register online.
- Mindfulness Meditation classes begin Thursday, June 8. This is an eight-week class held every Thursday from 12:15 p.m. to 1 p.m. in the AMU Interfaith Prayer and Meditation Room, Room 233. Classes are free. Register online.
- There’s still time to sign up to receive a fresh produce delivery provided by one of our local farms through the Community Supported Agriculture. All boxes are delivered to Marquette during the months of June to October, for easy pick up on your way home from work.