Several Marquette alumni organizations are seeking applications for annual scholarships and awards. Students who meet the criteria for these awards are encouraged to apply. In some cases, a nomination from a Marquette faculty or staff member is also required. Students receiving tuition remission or full-tuition scholarships are not eligible for these awards.
- Association of Marquette University Women Tuition Scholarship — Approximately $2,500 for junior (60-99 credits) women beginning their senior year in Fall 2017 who are enrolled full time with a minimum cumulative GPA of 3.3. Student application deadline is Wednesday, Feb. 1.
- Ethnic Alumni Association Ralph H. Metcalfe, Sr., Tuition Scholarship – Two awards of up to $2,500 each for ethnically diverse students who are enrolled full time with a minimum cumulative GPA of 2.5. At least one award will go to an Educational Opportunity Program student and one to a non-EOP student. Student application deadline is Wednesday, Feb. 1.
- Marquette University Women’s Council Tuition Scholarship – A renewable tuition scholarship of approximately $3,000 annually for a non-traditional female undergraduate student. Student application deadline is Wednesday, Feb. 1.
- Association of Marquette University Women Ignatian Leadership Award — Honorary award for a senior woman (graduating in 2017) enrolled full time who excels academically and demonstrates leadership and service to the Marquette and Milwaukee (or her hometown) communities and strives to live out the Ignatian ideals. Faculty/staff nomination is required along with student application. Nomination/application deadline is Friday, March 3.
- Pedro Arrupe Award — Honorary award for a junior in good standing and enrolled full time who emulates the values and ideals of Rev. Pedro Arrupe, S.J., and is involved in leadership and service in and beyond the Marquette community. Faculty/staff nomination is required along with student application and essay. Nomination/application deadline is Monday, March 20.
For questions about nominating students or more information about these scholarships, please contact Martha Moore in, senior engagement officer in University Advancement, at (414) 288-0398.