The Milwaukee Police Department is investigating the incident below. If you have more information, please contact MPD or MUPD immediately at (414) 288-1911.
Incident DetailsIncident types: Shots fired
Incident location: 1500 block of West State Street
Victims: None reported
Physical injuries: None reported
The Marquette University Police Department responded to a business in the 1500 block of W. State Street for a report of shots fired. An unidentified suspect fled northbound out of the area. No vehicle description is available. No injuries were reported.
Description of suspect(s)Suspect 1:
Age: early 20s
Race and/or ethnicity:
Clothing: blue jeans, no shirt
Other: shirt wrapped around face
- Walk in pairs or groups, being aware of your surroundings at all times.
- Use the LIMO and safety patrol services provided by MUPD. Call (414) 288-6363 for Student Safety Patrol escorts.
- During evening hours watch for the LIMO with strobe lights patrolling the perimeters of campus; the driver may ask if you want a ride or want to request a walking escort.
- Make sure someone knows when you leave and when to expect you back.
- Do not become distracted by talking on your cell phone or listening to music through headphones at a high volume.
- Travel on well-lit, busy streets and avoid walking through alleys and parking lots.
- Be aware of places along your path of travel that could conceal a criminal (shrubbery, building recesses, etc.). Avoid or keep a distance from these areas whenever possible.
- Take note of suspicious vehicles, especially those that appear to be circling the block or driving unusually slow. If you observe a suspicious vehicle, relay its description and location to MUPD using one of the more than 450 blue light phones on and near campus.
- If you think someone is following you, cross the street, head for a well-populated, well-lit area and contact MUPD using one of the more than 450 blue light phones on and near campus.
- If you plan to drink, do so in moderation to avoid putting yourself in a position of increased risk.
- If approached, give up your property.