The Marquette University Police Department and Milwaukee Police Department are investigating the incident below. If you have more information, please contact MUPD immediately at (414) 288-1911.
Incident DetailsIncident types: Armed Robbery
Incident location: 1500 block of W. Wells Street
Approximate time: 10:35 p.m.
Victims: One male, not affiliated with Marquette
Physical injuries: No injuries were reported
The Marquette University Police Department responded to an armed robbery at a business located at the 1500 block of W. Wells Street. An unknown suspect entered the business, implied he had a weapon and demanded money from the cash register. The suspect obtained money from the register and fled the area westbound on W. Wells Street. The employee was not injured during the incident. The Milwaukee Police Department responded and is investigating.
Description of suspect(s)Suspect 1:
Age: mid 40s
Race and/or ethnicity:
Hair: close cropped haircut
Weight: 200 lbs
Clothing: black jacket, brown scarf, glasses
- Walk in pairs or groups, being aware of your surroundings at all times.
- Use the LIMO and safety patrol services provided by MUPD. Call (414) 288-6363 for Student Safety Patrol escorts.
- During evening hours watch for the LIMO with strobe lights patrolling the perimeters of campus; the driver may ask if you want a ride or want to request a walking escort.
- Make sure someone knows when you leave and when to expect you back.
- Do not become distracted by talking on your cell phone or listening to music through headphones at a high volume.
- Travel on well-lit, busy streets and avoid walking through alleys and parking lots.
- Be aware of places along your path of travel that could conceal a criminal (shrubbery, building recesses, etc.). Avoid or keep a distance from these areas whenever possible.
- Take note of suspicious vehicles, especially those that appear to be circling the block or driving unusually slow. If you observe a suspicious vehicle, relay its description and location to MUPD using one of the more than 450 blue light phones on and near campus.
- If you think someone is following you, cross the street, head for a well-populated, well-lit area and contact MUPD using one of the more than 450 blue light phones on and near campus.
- If you plan to drink, do so in moderation to avoid putting yourself in a position of increased risk.
- If approached, give up your property.