The Marquette University Police Department is investigating the incident below. If you have more information, please contact MUPD immediately at (414) 288-6800.
Incident DetailsIncident types: Strong armed robbery
Incident location: 1624 W. Wells St.
Approximate time: 5:15 a.m.
Victims: One female, not affiliated with Marquette.
Physical injuries: None.
Two suspects entered the 7-Eleven, threatened a store employee with physical harm, and pushed past her to take property. The suspects left the store and fled the area in a red minivan. The victim was not injured.
Description of suspect(s)Suspect 1:
Race and/or ethnicity:
Hair: Light brown wig, shoulder length
Weight: 140-150 lbs
Height: 5' 3"
Clothing: Red short sleeve t-shirt with white writing on the front, white and black print leggings, barefoot
Other: Wearing sunglasses on top of her head
Race and/or ethnicity:
Hair: Black wig, shoulder length
Weight: 150 lbs
Height: 5' 10"
Clothing: Navy blue and grey plaid shirt, dark jeans, black jacket
Vehicle DescriptionRed Dodge Caravan, possibly late 1990s or early 2000s.
- Always travel in pairs or groups, being aware of your surroundings at all times. Make sure someone knows when you leave and when to expect you back.
- When on campus, use the LIMO and safety patrol services provided by MUPD. Call (414) 288-6363 for Student Safety Patrol escorts.
- During evening hours watch for the LIMO with strobe lights patrolling the perimeters of campus; the driver may ask if you want a ride or want to request a walking escort.
- The use of alcohol by students under age 21 is against the law and against university policy.
- If you do plan to drink, be responsible, and do so in moderation.
- When using a ride sharing service or taxi for transportation, please take steps to ensure your safety:
- Make sure to match your driver’s name, car and license plate with the information provided through the app on your phone.
- Avoid anyone who offers a ride when it is not clear that they are directly affiliated with an established taxi or ride sharing service.
- If you observe any suspicious behavior or fear for your safety at any time, contact MUPD at (414) 288-1911 or through one of the more than 450 blue light phones on and near campus.
- Enter MUPD’s number in your phone so you have it handy at all times.
- Travel on well-lit, busy streets and avoid walking through alleys and parking lots.
- Be aware of places along your path of travel that could conceal a criminal (shrubbery, building recesses, etc.). Avoid or keep a distance from these areas whenever possible.
- Take note of suspicious vehicles, especially those that appear to be circling the block or driving unusually slow. If you observe a suspicious vehicle, relay its description and location to MUPD using one of the more than 450 blue light phones on and near campus.
- If you think someone is following you, cross the street, head for a well-populated, well-lit area and contact MUPD using one of the more than 450 blue light phones on and near campus.
- Do not become distracted by talking on your cell phone or listening to music through headphones at a high volume.
- If approached, give up your property.