The Department of Public Safety was informed of a robbery that took place on the corner of 22nd Street and Wisconsin Avenue at approximately 11:52 a.m. Two male suspects (available descriptions below) approached a Marquette student, displayed a weapon and demanded property. The victim gave up property and the suspects fled westbound on foot to 23rd Street where they entered a vehicle (available description below) and went southbound on 23rd Street to Michigan Street. The victim was not physically injured.
The Milwaukee Police Department and Public Safety officers are investigating the incident. If you have more information, please contact DPS immediately at (414) 288-1911.
DESCRIPTION of suspect 1:
Age—————– 16 to 17 years old
Weight————– Medium build
Height————– Approximately 6’ 0”
Clothing———— Camouflage pants, grey hooded sweatshirt, tight-fitting black hat
DESCRIPTION of suspect 2:
Age—————– 16 to 18 years old
Height————– Approximately 5’10”
Clothing———— Black hooded sweatshirt
DESCRIPTION of vehicle:
Dark grey, full-size SUV
All Marquette students, faculty, staff, guests and visitors are reminded to:
- Walk in pairs or groups, being aware of your surroundings at all times.
- Use the LIMO and safety patrol services provided by DPS. Call 414-288-6363 for SSP escorts.
- During evening hours watch for the new LIMO with strobe lights patrolling the perimeters of campus; the driver may ask if you want a ride or want to request a walking escort.
- Make sure someone knows when you leave and when to expect you back.
- Do not become distracted by talking on your cell phone or listening to music through headphones at a high volume.
- Travel on well-lit, busy streets and avoid walking through alleys and parking lots.
- Be aware of places along your path of travel that could conceal a criminal (shrubbery, building recesses, etc.). Avoid or keep a distance from these areas whenever possible.
- Take note of suspicious vehicles, especially those that appear to be circling the block or driving unusually slow. If you observe a suspicious vehicle, relay its description and location to DPS using one of the more than 450 blue light phones on and near campus.
- If you think someone is following you, cross the street, head for a well-populated, well-lit area and contact DPS using one of the more than 450 blue light phones on and near campus.
- If you plan to drink, do so in moderation to avoid putting yourself in a position of increased risk.
- If approached, give up your property.