The academic subcommittee for the Convention Steering Committee invites all interested faculty and staff to attend a brainstorming session at the Marquette Union Sports Annex on Thursday, May 9, at 4 p.m.
Example topics for discussion include spring 2020 course opportunities, experiential learning opportunities for students related to the convention, speaker series, panel discussions and other ways to provide opportunities for students, faculty and staff to be involved in the convention.
Complimentary appetizers will be provided.
The convention planning academic subcommittee includes:
- Dr. Sarah Feldner, acting dean, J. William and Mary Diederich College of Communication – subcommittee leader and Convention Steering Committee member
- Dr. Sumana Chattopadhyay, associate professor of digital media and performing arts/media studies, J. William and Mary Diederich College of Communication
- Lisa Grabert, visiting professor of research, College of Nursing
- Dr. Karen Hoffmann, adjunct associate professor of political science and associate director of the Les Aspin Center, Helen Way Klingler College of Arts and Sciences
- Jesse Lee, senior communication specialist, College of Health Sciences
- Dr. Stephanie Quade, dean of students
- Dr. Robert Smith, Harry G. John professor of history, Helen Way Klingler College of Arts and Sciences
- Dr. John Su, vice provost for academic affairs
- Dr. Theresa Tobin, associate professor of philosophy, Helen Way Klingler College of Arts and Sciences