The 2018 Near West Side Farmers Market has begun – and it is the place to be on Thursday evenings. The NWS Farmers Market features fresh, seasonal produce, ready-made dinner items, handcrafts, cooking demonstrations, live entertainment, and unique programming every week.
Check out the upcoming schedule and plan a visit this summer. Be sure to check in at the information booth to get your NWS Discount Card to receive discounts to near west side businesses.
- Thursday, Aug. 2 – Cooking demonstrations and tips on how to prepare seasonal produce with Lisa Kay Catering Kids Culinary Camp
- Thursday, Aug. 9 – 2018 Mayor’s Walk with Mayor Tom Barrett. Arrive at 4 p.m. to join the 1 mile walk with the mayor through the Avenue’s West neighborhood
- Thursday, Aug. 16 – Yoga at the Market – Certified instructors from the YMCA will lead 30-minute yoga classes throughout the market. Stop by to get your flow on and pick up dinner before you head home.
- Thursday, Aug. 23 – MillerCoors takes over the market
- Thursday, Aug. 30 – Celebrate Back to School season when Marquette takes over the market
Be sure to follow the market on Facebook @NWSFarmersMarket for weekly vendor updates and make a plan to visit!
The Near West Side Farmers Market will run on Thursdays through Sept. 20, on the corner of 20th & Kilbourn (in the Milwaukee Center for Independence parking lot).