Mini-grants are designed to help fund such things as travel to professional conferences to present research, hiring of short-term research assistants, acquisition of software, or other research-related expenses. More information can be found online.
Some recent projects made possible by these mini-grants include:
- Summer fieldwork in Rio de Janeiro and São Paulo
- Participation in a conference in Kappel, Switzerland sponsored by the Society for the Study of Christian Spirituality
- Participation in a delegation sponsored by the Jewish Center for Nonviolence in Bethlehem, Hebron, and the West Bank
- Presenting the collaborative project “Countering Microaggressions and Enacting Change: Frameworks for Rhetorical Intervention,” at the Rhetoric Society of America (RSA) Conference
- Funding for the student assistant for research on identity and the role of micro-aggressions and hate speech in the formation of transnational Arab and Muslim American youth
For questions please contact T. Michael McNulty, S.J.