The Office of Research and Innovation announced the 2017 strategic innovation fund recipients. There were eight projects selected this year in the areas of water/environmental, community impact and interdisciplinary research infrastructure.
- Science, Policy and Innovation for Clean Water Protection in the Dairy State — Dr. Krassimira Hristova, associate professor of biological sciences
- Environmental Sustainability: Increasing Underrepresented Student Research in the Field of Environmental Engineering — Dr. Kyana Young, postdoctoral research fellow in environmental engineering
- Improving Service to the Hispanic Community through Pronunciation Training of Marquette Students — Dr. Jeffrey Berry, associate professor of speech pathology and audiology, Dr. Steven Long, associate professor, speech pathology and audiology; and Dr. Sonia Barnes, assistant professor of foreign languages and literatures
- Milwaukee Trauma Outcomes Project — Dr. Lucas Torres, associate professor of psychology
- Grocery Challenge — Rana Altenburg, vice president for public affairs
- MU Innovation Garden — Aidan Flanagan, undergraduate
Interdisciplinary research infrastructure
- BioDiscovery Confocal Imaging Core — Dr. John Mantsch, chair and professor of biomedical sciences
- The Philosophy Lab — Dr. Corinne Bloch-Mullins, assistant professor of philosophy
A full list of awardees, project descriptions and collaborators are available online.