Attend one of seven hands-on training sessions to develop skills, improve efficiency, and use technology to collaborate and communicate.
To sign up for a session, email firstname.lastname@example.org or call (414) 288-7305.
- Microsoft Word tips and tricks: Thursday, April 6, from 10 a.m. to 11:30 a.m. Collaborate with other authors using simple markup as you track changes and make and reply to comments on documents. Copy and paste between documents and remove bothersome formatting, as you compare or combine text, and work efficiently with long documents. Organize your document with headings and a hierarchical structure and collapse and expand parts of the document. Use hyperlinks, bookmarks, headers and footers and a table of content.
- Creating accessible PDFs: Thursday, April 13, from 9:30 a.m. to 11:30 a.m. Find out what makes a document accessible. Make an accessible Word document. Save it as a PDF. Use Adobe Acrobat DC to check and improve the document accessibility.
- OneDrive for business: Thursday, April 20, from 10 a.m. to 11:30 a.m. Learn more about accessing your documents from the Office 365 cloud using OneDrive for Business.
- Ask a tech: Friday, April 21, from 10 a.m. to 11 a.m. IT Services will have one or more techs available to answer any questions individuals may have and will do what they can to help.
- OneNote essentials: Friday, April 21, from 1 p.m. to 2:30 p.m. Take notes, prepare for meetings, do research and collaborate with others using OneNote.
- Use Excel 2016 to summarize, analyze and visualize large data sets: Tuesday, April 25, from 9:30 a.m. to 11:30 a.m. Make it easier to understand large quantities of data and the relationship between different series of data. Use tables, Pivot tables and subtotals to summarize and present data. Use charts to display numeric data in a graphical format including new chart types in Office 365 like Treemap, Sunburst, Bubble charts.
- Samsung Galaxy tablet: Wednesday, April 26, from 10 a.m. to 11 a.m. Learn the essentials of your tablet, including general setup and usage, app settings, hardware features and optional accessories.
- Office 365 Teams and Groups: Friday, April 28, from 10 a.m. to 11:30 a.m.Teams offer a hub for document sharing and real-time persistent chats that are kept for the whole team. Use Groups to collaborate with others using:
- Shared Inbox: For email conversations between your members. This inbox has an email address and can be set to accept messages from people outside the group and even outside of Marquette, much like a traditional distribution list.
- Shared Calendar: For scheduling events related to the group-SharePoint Document Library: A central place for the group to store and share files-Shared OneNote Notebook: For gathering ideas, research, and information
- SharePoint Team Site: A central repository for information, links and content relating to your group
- Planner: For assigning and managing project tasks among your group members